Man Founds Crater of Diamonds State Park's 1,000th Diamond of This Year

A man named Denis Tyrrell found this year's 1,000th diamond at the Crater of Diamonds State Park. The 3.48-carat, light-brown diamond turned out to the biggest that diamond he had found in regular digs that he began in March.

"When I'm here and I'm walking, I'm always looking. When I'm on the ground, I'm always digging," said Tyrrell, who says he's found 131 diamonds in his many digs. He said he's been living in a tent at a local rock shop for the past nine months and works as a handyman.


The Crater of Diamonds State Park is an Arkansas State Park located near Murfreesboro in Pike County, Arkansas, USA containing the only diamond bearing site in the world that is open to the public. Link

Related Posts by Categories




If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

0 comments:



Latest Posts