Aidan Murray Medley, a 12-year-old Boy, Hooks 551-pound Bull Shark

Aidan Murray Medley, a 12-year-old boy, caught a bull shark weighing 551-pound just north of the Palm Beach Inlet. 34-pound bigger than the the state record set in 1981 of a 517-pound capture at Panama City Beach.

"This thing was huge," said Aidan, who has been casting lines since age 5.

The shark put up a strong fight. After 20 minutes of muscling the line, Aidan lost feeling in his body, he said. "When you have a shark on the line it's completely painful."

This wasn't the first time he caught a shark. A year ago, he reeled in a 461-pound one, his mother said.

"Of course, I'm happy. I'm proud," she said. "It's not really surprising to me. I'm still pretty happy."
Link

Related Posts by Categories




If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

0 comments:



Latest Posts