The Amazing Dustin Carter

Talking about overcoming disability, Dustin Carter has been there and done it. When he was five-years old, he contracted a rare blood disease that claimed all four of his limbs. Losing both his legs, and half of each arm was no less challenging for Dustin, who grew up depressed and a straight "F" student.

However it all changed when he discover wrestling. With the help of a coach, Dustin overcame his disability and eventually made it all the way to the Division II state final. While in high school, Dustin won over forty matches in his senior year of high and a match at the Ohio State Tournament.

"I don't look at myself as different," Dustin said. "I wrestle like anybody else. I go to school like anybody else. I can live on my own like anybody else. I can do anything anybody else can do.

"I don't like people feeling sorry for me."

Video of him working out in a gym.



Here's a video of him while competing.



Link

Related Posts by Categories




If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

0 comments:



Latest Posts